Role: Strategic and Tactical Marketer
STRATAC is a User Experience Design agency headquartered in Austin, Texas. We pride ourselves on delivering strategy and tactics in one subscription service to our clients. We take a truly different approach to marketing using psychology and science to inform our clients’ go-to market. As we grow our team, we believe that what’s more important than the software and physical computers is the knowledge, skills and experience that comes with each member of the team. Listening is key to our business. We must listen to not only what the client says, but also the way in which they say it. The soft skills each person must possess are empathy, loyalty, multi-tasking, and the ability to manage urgent requests with grace under pressure. We are an energetic, engaging, and customer-centric company – focusing on creating measurable results for our clients.
What we offer:
- An exciting startup culture where you will have the opportunity to play a critical role in building and scaling a one-of-a-kind digital marketing and user experience design agency.
- You will be part of an enthusiastic and motivated team of professionals who are committed to building campaigns based on science and data, being rigorous, and finding creative solutions to evolving challenges.
- A diverse and inclusive workplace where we welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
- A commitment to you to help you grow personally and professionally while you’re working with us (and beyond).
- At least 5+ years experience building, executing, delivering marketing programs and initiatives.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Strong communicator who enjoys engaging clients.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to tie marketing activities to larger strategies.
- Strong strategic problem solver who wants to excel by doing the tactical work as part of a team. A thinker and doer.
- Can balance multiple priorities and projects at once and deliver against timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Preferred: Experience with B2B, B2C, Cybersecurity, Technology, SaaS
- Preferred: Bachelor or other college degree.
What makes you stand out:
- Previous agency experience
- Experience with User Experience Design
- Experience in cybersecurity
- Passion for psychology
- Experience responding to RFPs
Characteristics of successful candidates:
- Have a strong understanding of the customer journey, from first-impression to post-purchase
- Demonstrated content creation and creative writing skills
- Understand how to source and leverage different types of content
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Solid technical skills and ability to pick up new tools as necessary
- Fantastic time/output management with strong work ethic and a sense of urgency
- Ability to apply data and insights to strategy to help drive results and identify opportunities
- Google Slides, Google Docs, Google Sheets
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google my Business)
- Preferred Mac user
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Mail Chimp
- Constant Contact
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
- Bing Ads
- Facebook Ads
- LinkedIn Ads
The Day to Day: What You Will Be Doing
This role will be responsible for executing marketing strategies for a set of specific clients.
Responsibilities will include:
- Social Media posts
- Editing / rewriting client-written content
- Email campaigns
- Replies to HARO on behalf of clients
- Ad copy
- Analyzing information from SERPs and competitors to help with team UXD studies and marketing audits
- Creating, organizing, and distributing documents, agendas, monday contents so that it is ready to be shared with clients
- Design updates:
- Tweaking canva templates for social media quick updates
- Website updates:
- Making simple edits to WordPress websites
- Assisting with Hubspot from time to time for newsletters
- Being a trusted resource to clients and a source of knowledge regarding marketing and best practices
- Tracking and Analysis:
- Helping us mature in our proof of work. Showing how things are changing from an SEO stance and in metrics for social media.
- Putting emails into MailChimp and Constant Contact
- Scheduling social posts into social tool
- Content Maintenance:
- Keeping client spreadsheets up to date
- Proofread, edit, and protect brand standards in the development and execution of all digital marketing activities
- Helping us help ourselves. Blogs, HAROs, RFPs, social media
- You will work directly and in collaboration with the CEO. You will attend client meetings and help ensure the quality of all content produced by the team.
- Lead the conceptualization, planning, and execution of marketing campaigns from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
- Present ideas and final deliverables to internal and external stakeholders, and communicate about marketing programs, strategies, and budgets
- Identify new content requirements and collaborate with marketing team members to develop and implement new assets
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to improve data quality, reporting, and segmentation
- Assist with the creation and review of ad copy, website page content, and landing page content produced by our team.
- Develop and optimize email marketing and other mass communication channels to fulfill lead generation objectives
- Produce and distribute thought leadership content to support branding and lead generation goals within marketing
- Own and report on the status and success of our activities.
Our definition of success for this role includes:
- Errors caught and prevented before clients see them
- Accolades from clients
- Work we are proud of
- Personal accountability and growth
- Work volume and quality
- Continuing education and willingness to teach other teammates new things
- Keeping Monday.com up to date, being briefed by the team, and keeping the client aware of what’s happening in their account
- Willingness to try and struggle til you succeed
- Willingness to help your team and hold them accountable
- This position is mainly remote with travel to Austin HQ periodically.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (50% paid by the company for the employee)
- 15 days paid time off in the first year and 9 paid holidays
- Annual team offsites
- Learning and development reimbursement, up to $3,000 annually
- Internal opportunities for professional development and advancement
Equal employment opportunity:
STRATAC is committed to diversity in our organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Resume and LinkedIn profile link
- Previous work from home experience
- Salary expectations
- The answer to: What being has the shortest attention span?